B.E. GOOD! Podcast
Dan Ariely: From Death to Invisibility
During our first episode we are speaking with Dan Ariely, James B. Duke professor of psychology and behavioral economics at Duke University and author of three New York Times best-selling books, including Predictably Irrational. In this episode we dive into:
• Dan’s frightening experience as a hospital patient, which later prompted him to launch an inquiry on how we can die better.
• How finding his writing voice took him a while, and how his “cookbook” is still in the works.
• Why an alternate career choice of becoming a politician wasn’t for him.
• How making the invisible visible became one of his most important pieces of research.
• What prompted him to say “the more I study decision-making, the more I'm willing to be paternalistic.”
• And the link between office furniture, employee salaries and company profitability.
Download the transcript